Friday, February 17, 2017

POPPY - 1994 (1994 Santa Cruz, CA) SLANT 6 - RARE DEMO TAPE

 photo d0cbdd32-01b9-4568-8700-4c0a61518b53_zpstfayfwz2.jpg Poppy was a "post-punk" band from Santa Cruz, California. They described their style as "Mazzy Star with an edge". They made this TAPE ONLY demo in 1994. It holds 4 tracks (Sleep On My Side, Into The Ground, Norwegian Wood, Tune).
The band was:
Kris Burt - guitar, vocals
Russ Granger - bass
Eric Schneider - drums
 Kris Burt played guitar and sang in the band, Slant 6 (now Headcase-O-Matic). Poppy made another demo in 1995 called "Cigarette" which had 5 songs.


I don`t know what happened to them after that. If you have any info about the band or this tape, please feel free to comment or email me.

If you would like to buy this one from me, send me (Ken) an offer to insanelyraremusic@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment