Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sock Monkee - Intro - Tacoma, WA - 1995 - Metal / Grunge - RARE OOP

Photobucket
God, I love this band! Released on FUBAR Records in 1995, these guys rock! I just listened to this for the first time today. How did I miss this one. I am a huge Seattle grunge/metal fan, and I hadn`t heard of these guys. They did alot of shows with the band "Bucket" back in the day. I don`t know too much about them, but they were from Tacoma, and they have that classic Seattle sound! If you like bands like Villan, Bucket, AIC, and other more edgy/hardcore grunge bands, you will dig this!
Band members were:
Steve Windley: Bass
Brian Cockrell: Guitar/Vocals
Matt Anderson: Drums
Dave Fechtel: Guitars

IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT! Email me an offer at insanelyraremusic@gmail.com

THERE ARE ONLY 11 TRACKS LISTED BUT 12 ON THE CD?
TRACKLIST:
1. Intro
2. What
3. Grave
4. Real
5. Waste My Time
6. Grip The Pig
7. Substance
8. Mind
9. 20 Years
10. Push
11. I Am
12. Un-Named Track?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the good review. I'm glad to hear someone is still rockin' it with some of the original Tacoma area 90's bands. I've got Bucket - Brother Fear is in my rotation right now.Guitarist Tommy Rosamond is now USA Custom Guitars in Puyallup, WA, check em out online. Another band, if you can find, Before Christ - Transgressions check it out, in my rotation too.
    Thanks again,
    Dave F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave,
    I apologize for the ultra late reply to your comment. I appreciate you leaving the comment. It is nice to see that somebody appreciates my "work". I love to interact with people too. Anyway, yes I love the old Tacoma bands! It`s funny that you mentioned "Before Christ". I love them. I put "Transgressions" on the blog, and I found a self titled "demo" cd that the band made. I posted that one too, check it out if you haven`t yet. I love Bucket too.
    How about Villan (I have the cd), Dr. Grind, Invader..... shit, I can`t think right now. DO ME A FAVOR PLEASE, DAVE!!!!! Will you reply to this comment by just listing every cool Washington State band from the 80`s and 90`s that you can think of? Stuff like Bucket, Sock Monkee, Villan, etc. I BET YOU KNOW SOME BANDS THAT I HAVEN`T HEARD! PLEASE MAKE ME A LIST, IF YOU HAVE TIME. IF NOT, it`s all good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was living out in that area and got to see both Bucket and Sock Monkee several times as by buddy played for another band called Samarium. All three bands played around the SeaTac area during the mid 90's. Check out Samarium too or let me know and I can send you a link to download a copy of their album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also...I stumbled across your blog while I was listening to Sock Monkee at work and was pissed I didn't tag the album cover onto any of the mp3s that I had uploaded to Google Music. Being bored (and rockin') at work, I decided maybe I could just find it on the web and BAM...found your blog.

    ReplyDelete