Wednesday, April 24, 2013

RYZ - Self Titled - 1992 Los Angeles, CA - TAPE ONLY - HARD ROCK / METAL - ULTRA RARE

ULTRA RARE, tape only release from RYZ! RYZ formed in the early 90's by cousins Eric and Gary. They had 4 different vocalists throughout the bands existence, but came together perfectly with Chris Hawkey. Hawkey is amazing on vocals, as you can hear on this release. RYZ band packed the L.A. clubs and bars, with fans that were known to drink every drop of liquor in the bar. Their success grw to where they were opening for national acts about every 2 weeks. Their first big break was opening for Kansas, after that they went on to open for Yngwie Malmsteen, Salty Dog, Bang Tango, Rhinobucket, Little Ceaser (where we were played live on world famous KNAC radio), Lizzy Borden, and a shitload of lesser known bands. Due to their large following of fans, they started to draw the attention of major labels. That is when they decided to record this tape. They actually had the chance to open a show at Gorky Park, in the former U.S.S.R., they were pumped to do the show, but unfortunately some of the members were business owners, and couldn`t get away from work. Shortly after, Gary Hallett severed a tendon in his hand while working on a machine, this was what crushed the band. They had a meeting on the night it happened and decided to cancel all of their scheduled shows, Chris Hawkey decided to move on to a group that was willing to tour, and the band parted ways. They ended up replacing Chris and Eric, which worked well, but just wasn`t the same. The band finally called it quits. Leaving behind this gem!
CHECK IT OUT! DON`T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO GRAB THIS! ONCE IT`S GONE, IT`S GONE!
Email me an offer, Ken at insanelyraremusic@gmail.com

10 comments:

  1. I have this album digitally recorded! It is awesome! In fact, the song "The Distance" was the song my husband and I danced to at our wedding because we both loved the song so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you from all the guys in the band I'm sure all would feel this was a huge honor! Do you know us or how did you come across the music?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I know I'd love to hear the entire album.

      Delete
    4. Gary, if memory serves correctly, I was the one who originally posted this. My husband is the one who introduced me to your music. He had told me years ago that he got introduced to the album by his boss, who is some relation to Chris (I'm wanting to say he told me she was Chris's aunt).

      Delete
  2. Denial? Why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Chris Hawkey' Facebook friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Gary from Ryz- I'm a little shocked to find this page! I'm not sure where all the details came from , but there is much more to this story. To Anonymous above that danced to the distance at your wedding I'm honored!! That could quite possibly be the coolest compliment we as a band ever got- I hope your marriage is a happy one, We probably would have played it live for you for a six pack :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cool to get comments from the people who made the music I post! I believe I got the tape at a Goodwill in the Seattle area. I saw the cover and thought "This is gonna be a badass tape!". I would love more info on your band. Did you guys make more music? How many of these tapes did you guys press... etc.

    ReplyDelete